Composed of archaic traditions and obsolete practices, and masterminded by the enemy of our souls, the spirit of religion seeks to keep individual believers and the Church stagnant and unaware of the call of the Holy Spirit for change. Although not always acknowledged, the religious spirit exerts tremendous control over minds and souls. This spirit was evident when the Pharisees failed to recognize the coming of Christ. Today the spirit of religion can be so subtle that we are unaware of its impact, instead being deceived into believing that God is directing us.
Only when we recognize the characteristics of this counterfeit religion can we be freed to experience the transformation of the Holy Spirit in our lives and in the heart of the Church. Join C. Peter Wagner and other dynamic Christian leaders as they unveil the dark influence of the spirit of religion. Freedom from the Religious Spirit is exciting reading for those who are committed to seeing the kingdom of God aggressively advance in this time.
Table of Contents:
Foreword - Chuck Pierce
Introduction - C. Peter Wagner
- The Corporate Spirit of Religion - C. Peter Wagner
- The Corporate Spirit of Religion in Action-A Case Study - Jim Anderson
- Combating the Spirit of Religion - Rick Joyner
- The Counterfeit Kingdom - Robert Heidler
- Personal Freedom from the Spirit of Religion - Leo Lawson
- Protecting Your Soul from the Spirit of Religion - Tommi Femrite
- The Fruit of "Religion" - Kimberly Daniels
- The Spirit of Religion in the Local Church
- The Spirit of Religion, the Great Imposter - Hank and Myrene Morris
About the Author:
C. Peter Wagner is Chancellor of Wagner Leadership Institute and President of Global Harvest Ministries, both located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is a noted author of books on many subjects, including missions, church growth, prayer, spiritual warfare and apostolic ministries.